Monday, April 12, 2010

Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad

This whole blog idea actually started about two weeks ago when my coworker Janeen brought in a salad to work. This wasn't just any salad however. I guess i have to tell you how I feel about salads.
Salads look okay, taste better and are really good for you. But they never induce cravings. A salad is the food version of a good workout. Always a good idea. Rarely a fun idea.
But Janeen's salad not only looked okay, it actually smelled really good! I wanted some, and for a salad with no chicken in it, that's saying something!
So of course I asked for the recipe and she brought it the next day!

Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad






Janeen substituted blue cheese for feta and Brent and I both really liked that. She also suggested adding 1/2 tsp. olive oil and 1/8 tsp. vinegar to the dressing. worked out great for me! And of course I probably doubled the cheese. What? I like cheese!

One note: I used Gala apples and I would not reccomend it. They're a bit too sweet and the flavor didn't flow. I'd stick to the recommended apples in the recipe.

Another note: In case you didn't see it at the bottom a serving of this salad is only a point and a half for weight watchers! I think it makes a tasty, lightweight side, or 2 servings and a small piece of toast is a filling meal!

Final note: Brent really liked this salad, which i was pleasantly surprised because lets face it, its a pretty girly salad! But he has requested that the next time I try chicken instead of apples. Of course that would change the Nutritional info, but i think it would be a fun easy way to mix it up!

So after trying that great recipe I was inspired. (imagine a replay like in the windows seven commercials with a more beautiful version of myself) I wanted to try LOTS of new recipes and test them on my husband! I wanted to learn to make things other than EasyMac and Hamburger Helper! I wanted to BLOG!!
Whew! its still intense just typing about it.

Ok that's it, i officially blogged about something. Maybe next week I'll do it again!

la pettite femme

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! These salads sound so yummy...I will have to try them out. BTW...strawberries are on sale 3 lbs. for $1 at the Superstition Ranch Market. (just in case you were wondering). My blog is private..well, most of the time. Let me know if you want an invite. jaymestoker@msn.com

    ReplyDelete