Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy New Year!

Following the example of a certain friend, and bowing to the request of another friend, I have decided to give this another try.  The plan?  Blog every Sunday.  Write something, anything about our life together and what's going on.  Stick with it.  Start your finger crossing everyone, I know how big of a stretch this plan is for me.

But what is going on here in my little world?  Well I'll just recap a little.

-Brent worked like crazy this week.  Full time school M-Th,  8 hours of rotation on Friday plus 30 hours at work this week.  Poor guy worked his buns off.  So grateful to have him.

-I had tons of fun at a baby shower for my friend Brooke.  We had great food and decorated onsies for her little boy who should be here within a week or two.

-I successfully attempted delicious spinach and artichoke dip for Brooke's shower.  GO ME.  I can follow directions!

- Forgot that we had an appointment to feed the missionaries!  Whipped up a meal for them quickly,  not my best ever, but hey, they got to eat.(sorry elders!) P.S. in my defense they usually call the night before as a reminder and they didn't call until the afternoon of the very day, which was Sunday!

-Spent great quality time with my friend Janie and her little new man.  So glad they're back down here with us!

  So that's pretty much the week for me.  Now for a little baby watch update:

As Brent and I are still TTC (2+ years and counting people!)  I go back and forth on how mentally involved I let myself get.  I know that sounds weird but for about a year I basically pretended that we just weren't trying.  It actually helps not to break your heart every month.

Well, lately we've been gearing up and trying again, and at this point  I've decided to go all the way, I mean I'm willing to read anything, try (just about) anything and talk to anyone to get this baby made.

   I even have the proof, it's on my dresser.  In book form.  About two years ago I was referred to the book Take Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler, but honestly at that point I was like, "No thanks, we've got this covered."  Truth is it sounded weird.  I mean, the title just seemed a little... like a pamphlet at the doctors office.  Plus awkward lady stuff.  I know, sound childish, but be honest with yourself, you probably don't want to read a book about your lady stuff either (and yes, apparently your fertility is your lady stuff).



*If this is already uncomfortable, you have my permission to be done right here and pretend you never read this.  Otherwise, get ready, cause we're gonna get REAL.

 *(even if you continue, you may choose to pretend you never read this.  Especially if we ever make eye contact).



So when I found out what  TCOYF discussed, stuff like mucus(gross) and  cervix checking(triple gross) I politely said HECK NO. See I just said cervix. This is totally real.

Which is silly because I know that even a healthy normal pregnancy requires multiple strangers all up in there and you basically have to get used to that anyways.

So slowly and quietly I have been gearing up to reading this book that I basically told myself I didn't want to touch with a ten foot pole.  I started following a few fertility blogs.  I even got an app for my Kindle called Lady Timer.  hehee ladytimer...

Yes, I know I'm like ten years old, get over it.

So I finally decided to bite the bullet.  I had seen references to it too many times to avoid reading this thing any longer.  It is basically like the get-knocked up bible.  I say bible, because A, it carries invaluable information that will change your life, and B it's freakin HUGE.  Like a text book.  With multiple appendices.

I was so stoked when I found it at Bookmans and got to use a credit we had there! (See, look at me growing!)

And because I'm basically in that least-best part of each month, when I can't do anything but wait, I dove right in.  Something to know about me,  when I decide to read a book I don't mess around.  No kidding, I read the dedication to the glossary. And in two days, I'm half way through my "light reading."  I've learned a ton.

No, I'm not gonna tell you what I learned!  You didn't think I was gonna actually talk about mucus did you? Triple gross.

But seriously It has been so great.  Enlightening, helpful and I finally feel like I can answer some of the questions I've had for months. I would absolutely recommend this book to everyone.  It's useful and empowering, no matter if you're trying to conceive or absolutely avoid it.

Now who knows what the future of our little family will be, but anything that makes the journey a little less confusing I will gladly take!

and that makes blog post number one of 2012.  Welcome to the New Year folks!

Tiffany

*to be clear, since the beginning of our TTC journey, we have been tracking and timing.  But basically with poor information and as little work as possible. I'm not a complete dum dum.

3 comments:

  1. yay i'm so glad you're blogging now too! If you stop blogging I'll nag you and if I stop you can nag me. How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogging! I have so many friends who struggle with TTC....whether it be from PCOS, endometriosis or unknown causes of late term miscarriages...and it has to be one of the most heartbreaking challenges. but getting informed is so important! Be brave. You are not alone. You are already being blessed for your desires to have children and will always have a significant role as a mother, even if you don't have children on this earth. That said, good luck!! I'd love to hear what you learn. At school they stress the importance of exercising for both partners! So try new things, and learn everything you can. Have you been checked out by the Dr? I know that is super scary, but most likely worth it.

    Best wishes!! Hope you can find peace in this journey.

    ReplyDelete