Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Twelve Ways of Christmas

I have been brainstorming new ways to keep the Christmas Spirit in our home this year and in the future when we have kids.  As I have attended church and listened to carols I am more and more concerned that as a people we are edging out the true meaning of the season.  A great example of this is Black Friday.  The very day set aside for gratitude and thanksgiving for our plenty, is now just a day of gluttony and the eve of a shopping holiday.  Before I get off my high horse, I must admit that I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner and I totally went to Wal-mart to get me some cheap blu rays.

The point is not that buying things is evil.  Just that I want to find ways to keep the holidays, especially Christmas, in my heart.

I found something wonderful that I promptly pinned, but you can see it here.  Its called  the twelve ways of Christmas.  Doesn't that just sound wonderful?  The idea on this site was actually borrowed from another blog, and you can find the original at http://12waysofchristmas.blogspot.com/.

I know I'm already behind, but bear with me while I do multiple posts here on the first few days.

So with a little bit of tweaking I knew how I would keep Christmas this year.  And you may all keep it with me, if you choose, by checking up on us here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment