Monday, November 8, 2010

Days 4 & 5: Catching Up

Well I was reminded yesterday by my sister that I've missed a few days. My excuse is that we were out of town, but I guess I'll catch up now.
Saturday Brent's younger sister Michelle got married in the Mesa Temple to one of my childhood friends, Michael Green. The wedding went smoothly, there was a yummy luncheon in my old ward building and the reception was beautiful! They had an outdoor reception with everything you can think of to make it great, including fireworks!
Of course being there it made both Brent and I flashback to our wedding just a little over a year ago. I feel like we've changed a lot since then and I'm sure we've made a few mistakes, but I don't think I would change a thing. Maybe I would take a few more pictures. I'm kind of the worst at that.
But before Saturday even started I knew what I would write about being thankful for on that day.

I love the temple. I love that what happens in there is eternal and peaceful and sometimes way over my head! I love doing baptisms! I so enjoy the thoughtful time I get when I go to an endowment session. Its great to feel like I am serving someone who needs me. I am blown away by the sealing ordinance! It is very short and very profound and in the few times I have gone to do these I have learned something new each time.
I wish we were better at attending the temple, because I really do feel more peaceful for having gone each time. The Lord's house is a great blessing to me and I am grateful for it.

Since I'm behind I also need to write about something for day four. This one will be a little more light hearted :) I am really thankful for my dog Molly. She is a well behaved, easy going dog who (not unlike me) is extremely needy sometimes. The best thing about Molly is that when I'm upset or sad, she senses it and comes right over to cheer me up. Especially in this down time before I find a job, she has kept me company and made me laugh, and given me someone else to worry about. I am thankful that after years of not being able to live with her we are back together again. And I am thankful for the people who took care of her while I couldn't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment