Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Days 6&7: Finding Joy in the Little Things

Well I've spent most of my day sitting at home enjoying the luxury of netflix and my laptop working again. About 12 hours ago I put a roast in my crock pot, so I've also been enjoying that yummy aroma. I had a a couple of family members who let me vent to them about life and just listened lovingly. While watching the biggest loser I saw something small that reminded me of story. The one with the guy who God told to push against a rock. Its not a true story but you may have heard it. Its kind of dumb but I felt like right then I was being reminded that no matter what I'm frustrated with or what trials i come up against. As long as I do my best, He will be the one to get the results, not I. And after about 13 hours of being gone, Brent came home and kissed me because he loves me.

None of these things are large to the outside eye. But right now my life is about finding joy in the little things. Today I am grateful for all these blessings. I think that list counts for 2 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment