Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still Halloween

I know I could have put all these Halloween Posts together, but I don't like really long posts and it gives me something else to post about on another day. But this really is the last one for Halloween. I just wanted to tell you how Sunday was. This will be a picture essay!

We had a good morning at church. Although we almost overslept and missed it, the choir sang in Sacrament meeting. We have a very small, somewhat weird choir and I'd have to say being the director hasn't been my ideal calling right now. Callings seem to always start that way, however and I'm sure things will look up!

We came home, watched the Burbs, and then I took a nap and Brent relaxed on the computer for a while.





Around 5pm I realized we needed to start getting ready for trick or treaters so we plugged in our strand of pumpkin lanterns, begged a couple of tea lights from a neighbor, lit our pumpkins and waited.




It was weird to not have anywhere to be or anyone to celebrate with, this being our first year away from Mesa. But Brent had a genius idea inspired by his Aunt Linda's tradition of making doughnuts for Halloween.

He found a recipe online but it called for an egg and since we didn't have any eggs, we both just hoped it would work out ok. to be honest, I've had better doughnuts. But I think that's because I don't really like cake doughnuts the best. Overall we were both pleased with the outcome! So were the neighbors, because we ran out of candy pretty quick (we didn't know how many to expect) so we started giving out homemade doughnuts!





I was pretty amazed that we didn't have anyone turn us down on the homemade goodies, but since I knew we hadn't poisoned them I wasn't worried.

When we only had about 2 dozen left we turned off our porch light and closed the blinds. Brent wanted to keep lots of leftovers for ourselves. I don't want to eat a dozen alone, so I'm currently trying to resist that urge!





Then we curled up on the couch and watched the original Frankenstein movie to end the night. It was a very Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. Your pumpkins look great! And your doughnuts look yummy. :) I've never actually made doughnut before, is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we're not professionals but it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. we just mixed up the dough, rolled it out and shaped it and then Brent fried them and I dipped them in the glaze.

    ReplyDelete